Sign up for our
Chamber of Commerce
Nipomo was founded in 1882, and is the last community
south before entering Santa Barbara County.
Rancho Nipomo and Casa de Dana was a common stop for
people traveling the Camino Real.
City Hostess: LeeAnn Karie - 805 473-8076
The name Nipomo comes from the Chumash word "Nepomah",
meaning "the foot of the hills".
Points of interest.
Old St. Joseph's Church. Built in 1902, has been converted
into a wedding chapel.
It now serves as a home for the Nipomo Christian Church.